Job Elements: -
• We are looking to appoint a Process / Project Scientist based at a manufacturing site in South Wales.
• The position will be to improve current protein conjugation processes
• Working within the Project Portfolio Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing an improvement project to optimise protein conjugation conditions, and implementing these into manufacturing processes. Therefore an understanding of chemical kinetics and reaction mechanisms, and optimising chemical reactions will be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• BSc in Chemistry essential, ideally postgraduate qualifications too
• Experience of Validation and Compliance in a highly regulated cGMP business
• At least one year’s laboratory experience post degree; working in organic, protein, or biological chemistry
• An understanding of protein conjugation chemistry and purification
• Experience of preparative and analytical column chromatography techniques
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools for communication and reporting
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.