Senior Anti -Money Laundering Officer
Salary is £25,000 + annual bonus up to £4,000.
Full-Time – 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am-5pm.
To assist the Financial Crime Manager in dealing with anti-money laundering matters such as the analysis of new legislation and regulation, the review of Group Audit findings, the maintenance of Policies & Procedures, and the production of Management Information for Group Committee reporting. To ensure that all matters in respect of Anti-Money Laundering investigations are conducted in a manner consistent with legislation, as reflected in Group Policies and Procedures.
• In conjunction with the Financial Crime Manager, analyse regulatory and legislative changes in relation to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF), to ensure prompt and effective implementation.
• Provide advice and support to the Anti-Money Laundering team as necessary, resolving day to day issues raised by team members and provide a knowledgeable and comprehensive advisory service to senior management across the group to promote awareness and the risks of upcoming changes.
• Review findings identified by Risk Assessments, Internal Review, and Group & External Audit; assisting the FCM in implementing appropriate controls and amending policies, procedures & frameworks, to mitigate risks identified.
• Conduct a regular GAP analysis of FirstRand Group AML policies, procedures & frameworks relative to those of the company; recommending change in line with the UK regulatory environment.
• Identify and investigate all Suspicious Activity, reporting and documenting to the National Crime Agency (NCA) and escalating to the Financial Crime Manager where appropriate, in compliance with regulations and company procedures.
• To investigate and conduct enhanced due diligence on all customers matching against Financial Sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons lists, ensuring conclusions are conveyed in a timely manner.
• Assess AML & CTF cases, ensuring the ‘Four Eyes’ review of investigations and Suspicious Activity Report disclosures.
• Conduct training, and provide support, guidance and materials on AML & CTF to relevant parties within the Group, ensuring individual awareness, responsibility, and understanding of Anti-Money Laundering procedures, supported with process flows where necessary.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to the company’s Finance products and services (e.g. ICOB, FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.) as advised by Line Management. Ensure all Money Laundering issues are reported appropriately.
• Ensure team are aware of their responsibilities in regards to Treating Customers Fairly.
• Work as part of a team – supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and throughout the business. Carry out one to one reviews, conduct annual appraisals and interim performance reviews as well as completing probation reviews.
• Ensure that all system based records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner (and ensure that data integrity is maintained at all times) as prescribed by regulatory, legislative and company procedures.
• Provide management information as requested. Have a sound understanding of all systems used to enhance the business activities, ensuring these are maintained in an accurate and timely manner. Produce Management Information in relation to AML & CTF activities for reporting to Divisional & Group Excos, StratCo, and ARC; supporting the FCM in the reporting requirements for Regulatory and Industry bodies.
• Ensure department compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, including not exhaustively; Credit Consumer Act, Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering, Health and Safety, FLA, Employment and other legislative requirements (as applicable).
• Delegate and oversee work undertaken ensuring the department operates effectively and efficiently and that all administrative tasks are completed to a high standard.
St David Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment agency set up to offer a personalised yet professional service to all our customers. We appreciate that everybody is different and treat our candidates as individuals.