• Establish, manage and The Implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Health and Safety Management System in accordance with OHSAS 18001
• The maintenance and improvement of the Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO: 14001.
• Investigation of accidents and incidents, and the implementation of any corrective and preventative actions advised.
• Liaise as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
• Carrying out Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Audits
• Carry out training of employees regarding EHS matters.
• Managing the Plant Waste Disposal in line with regulations.
• Managing the SEDEX database
The ideal candidate will have:
• A good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations
• Previous experience in a Health and Safety role in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum NEBOSH certificate or equivalent
• Strong people skills, ability to engage at all organisational levels.
• Highly organised with strong administration skills
• Excellent computer skills, minimum MS Office
• Driving licence, willing to undertake infrequent business travel
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.