Job Elements: -
• To identify and secure new customers to support the company’s strategic growth path.
• To act on potential new customer leads provided by others.
• To develop ongoing relationships, and increase business levels through organic growth, with existing accounts.
• To identify and investigate new Industry Sectors and/or processes which will further enable the Company to diversify and develop their customer base.
• To undertake administrative duties such as quotations, provisions of trial runs and sample parts against customer demand on an accurate and timely basis as directed.
• To be proactive in identifying and making initial contact with potential customer leads by way of cold calling, data base trawling, word of mouth recommendation and direction from the Managing Director.
• To maintain an accurate and updated Sales database
• To carry out detailed job costings, and create relevant quotations, and submit to the customer in a timely manner.
• To follow up quotations submitted in a proactive and timely manner and record detailed actions as applicable.
• To undertake a programme of regular visits to nominated key account customers and provide relevant feedback via Visit reports.
• To update and maintain customer account files ensuring that they are accurate at all times.
• To play a proactive role in dealing with customer concerns be it relevant to quality, levels of service or finance matters.
• To assist in the creation and preparation of annual Sales Forecasts.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A background within sales gained within a manufacturing environment
• Ideally a technical education.
• Pro-active with regards to searching new clients and markets.
• Proven experience of selling technical products and services
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.