Job Elements: -
• We are looking to recruit a motivated individual who will work as part of a team of flexible electrical and mechanical technicians and report to the Engineering & Projects Manager.
• This is a permanent position, Monday – Friday 6-2, 2-10, 7-3 and a call out rota of 1 week in 4.
Elements of role: -
• Participate as a member of the multi-skilled Engineering team. Working with other departments to improve performance and achieve objectives.
• Ensure: -
o Safe working of all plant and equipment within Health & Safety requirements.
o Maximum machine availability at least cost, through effective and planned preventative maintenance schedules.
o A thorough understanding of the manufacturing process which allows complete integration of engineers, with production staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
Experience with the following is desirable: -
• PLC Systems (preferably Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi)
• Instrumentation Systems – (Loop Control)
• Gas Burner Control Systems
• 3-ph Overhead Crane Systems
• General fault finding & diagnostics skills
Additional skills desirable: -
• Knowledge of Hydraulic/Pneumatic Control Systems
• Knowledge of High Voltage Systems
• FLT/MEWP Training
• Experience with maintaining production equipment ideally within a heavy industrial environment.
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.