Job Elements: -
• To co-ordinate and conduct the testing of products using internal resources and external test centres where necessary.
• To develop procedures, methods and tools for test, verification and certification of the company’s products
• To participate in preparing product compliance documentation
• Manage and maintain test rigs and test equipment
• Design, manufacture and commission new test rigs
• Maintain existing test rigs and systems, updating and upgrading them as required
• Co-ordinate and schedule day to day testing, communicating with product development and process engineers to agree required testing and prototype availability.
• Work closely with product development engineers to translate test requirements into a test specification
• Turn the test specification into a functional test rig
• Conduct required testing;
o Set-up and run required tests
o Manage the generation and storage of test data
o Complete and release required test reports
• Maintain all commissioned test rigs, ensuring rigs are functional, serviced and calibrated.
• Complete and release required Q&A documentation, i.e. specifications for designed rigs, verification reports, maintenance schedules and risk assessments.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Graduate calibre or equivalent in a relevant field of engineering, with a minimum of 3 years work experience
• Demonstrate the ability to commission test rigs, with a good understanding of data acquisition hardware and software.
• A degree in electrical or electronics engineering
• Proficient Labview user with the ability to configure DAQ hardware and software to capture required data.
• Proficient user of MS Excel with the ability to write macros to automate data processing.
• Good practical skills in both Electrical and Mechanical disciplines.
• Good problem solving skills.
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.