Job Elements: -
• Expected to be 18 month contract
• Assist in product transitions between respective manufacturing sites.
• Establish and develop Lean Manufacturing lines & processes.
• Ensure efficiency & effectiveness through interface with Engineering & Ops.
• Lead and be responsible for production engineering/improvement programs.
• Provide a technical support service for products and test equipment.
• Constantly strive for improvement in their efficiency and effectiveness for both new and mature product.
The ideal candidate will have:
• HND/HNC Mechanical or Electronic Engineering and/or Engineering Apprenticeship or relevant experience in electronic/electrical/mechanical assembly techniques.
• Sound and proven background in Production/Manufacturing Engineering roles
• Six Sigma Green Belt trained as a minimum, experience in techniques/Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing/Kaizen.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; able to liaise effectively with customers and colleagues at all levels and to produce written reports that are articulate, clear and concise.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma with experience using MiniTab
• A good understanding of the tools such as P & DFMEA, MSA etc.
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.