Senior Support Worker / Shift Leader
LOCATION: Within the care establishments of Gofal Cymru Care
RESPONSIBLE TO: Registered Care Manager
HOURS: Agreed contracted hours, to include evenings, week-ends, bank holidays, wake-in and sleep-in duties.
LIAISING WITH: People with Learning Disabilities, their relatives and carers; Health Care Professionals; A Range of External Agencies.
- To work as part of an efficient team and to contribute to the smooth running of the care home working to the policies and procedures of GCCL. legislation and national minimal standards;Work in accordance with Gofal Cymru Care’s policies and procedures, legislation and national minimal standards;
- To lead the Staff Team in the management of a high quality service for our clients, undertaking delegated supervisory management responsibilities;
- To provide leadership to less experienced staff to ensure the development of best care practice and optimal outcomes for service users;
- To provide therapeutic and personal care to our service users;
- Promote the rights of service users to be treated with dignity and respect in every aspect of their lives;
- Respect the confidences of service users;
- Establish supportive relationships with service users and encourage the development of stable relationships between service users and other staff, and their families and friends and within the group of service users;
- Promote the emotional health and self-esteem of service users and support them through changes in living circumstances and personal relationships;
- Support service users in making their own choices and decisions to the maximum of their capability, and ensure that their needs and wishes are fully considered in any decision relating to them;
- Ensure the protection of service users from significant harm, by exercising vigilance, observing changes in service user’s behaviour or appearance, and complying fully with the Vulnerable Adults’ policy.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QCF Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care
- Prepared to attend any job related training as identified by line management
- Applicant must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Applicant must be of a caring nature and willing to support adults with learning disabilities or mental health problems
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities, Autism, and/or mental health problems and/or challenging behaviour
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge in the field of Learning Disabilities or Mental Health.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good Leadership / Organisational skills
- Able to use own initiative Good numeracy, literacy and Computer Skills
- Experience of dealing with other health care Professionals and External Agencies.
- Physically fit to meet demands of the post
- Work flexibly within the rota system to include evenings, week-ends, bank holidays, wake-in and sleep-in, duties
- Full UK Car Driving Licence
If you are interested in the above position please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below and attach your full CV and covering letter
Gofal Cymru Care - Provides quality care and support for younger adults with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs. We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team. Successful applicants will be required to support service users in all aspects of daily living activities in line with their Care Plan.
Applicants must have QCF level 2 or a willingness to achieve it. All aspects of communication skills are essential and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic to make a difference to people’s lives, be able to use their initiative to make local decisions and take responsibility for their actions. You will be an integral part of a new team, focused on values, communication and decision making.
Successful candidates will be required to work across any of our care establishments.
Bluebay Estate Agents is the sister company to Gofal Cymru Care and operates as a property investment and property management entity, with a large portfolio of properties, including student houses, situated in Barry, Cardiff and Swansea..