Job Elements: -
• Preparation and compliance of tender packs, submission including the capturing of requirements for military and civil authorities
• Preparation and drafting of sales and purchasing terms and conditions, representative agreements, framework agreements, consignment stock agreements and other commercial agreements
• Application of military export status of platform types including application for licences through BIS
• Administration of complex contracts including the capture of additional requirements
• Identification of contractual risks and negotiation to reduce the risks from the contract terms and conditions
• Identification and Implementation of commercial policies within the business
• Responsible for management of the Purchasing team
• Monitor and develop cost saving strategies, including issuing of competitive tenders
• Supervise the introduction of new supplier ensuring that transition and effect on production is minimal
• Liaise with customers, team members and subcontractors to discuss and resolve commercial issues
• Negotiation of contractual terms and conditions to minimise liabilities and maximise opportunities
• Identification and implementation of continuous improvement activities within the supply base
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 5 years prior experience working in manufacturing company in contracts or commercial department is essential.
• Experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts is essential.
• Purchasing or Supply Chain experience also essential.
• Experience working in automotive or aeronautical manufacturing is highly desirable.
• Previous experience and knowledge of export compliance procedures and documentation is highly desirable.
• Previous experience managing a team would be desirable.
• Degree qualified desirable
• CIPS Level 4 minimum desirable
• Must be a good communicator and strong character.
Petrie Recruitment is a relatively small - but perfectly formed!! - business - and it provides staff for a wide range of (mainly permanent) job categories in several sectors, but does tend to focus on manufacturing and commercial positions, e.g. Engineering, General Management, Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing, H.R., Finance, I.T., Sales/Marketing and all aspects of Administration.