Cardiff City Centre
Salary circa £14 - £20K depending on experience
Permanent, full time
Our client are an award winning firm with a national presence, occupying large and modern premises in the city centre. Due to internal progression, they currently have vacancies for 5 Legal Assistants to join their team.
The successful candidates will work under the supervision of and in partnership with their allocated Property Lawyer, assisting in the management of their caseload of mixed sale and purchase residential property transactions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To work with your aligned lawyer to maximise exchanges within your Legal Team.
• To proactively progress transactions managing inbound and outbound telephone calls and building enhanced relationships with your clients in order to deliver a service of excellence whilst maximising profitability of the company.
• Understand and operate the company’s procedures and policies to monitor workflow, avoid fraud and/or negligence and continually improve performance standards.
• Assist your aligned lawyer in their time management and prioritisation
• Understand, operate and maximise the potential of the company’s conveyancing case management system throughout a conveyancing transaction.
• Work on own initiative to identify tasks which improve the customer service relationship with clients and optimise exchanges.
• Support your aligned lawyer in chasing exchanges, by calling third parties involved in the transaction, as directed.
• Ensure accurate caseload maintained by undertaking status checks, placing files into abeyance or died status and returning documents.
• Undertake any other task as reasonably requested
Key Result Areas
To thoroughly understand the conveyancing process and be able to (but not limited to):
• Along with your aligned lawyer, be the main point of contact for all communication from clients and other lawyers directly related to the transaction, verbally and through email
• Pro-actively progress transactions by identifying what/who needs to be chased and undertaking this chasing i.e documentation, funds etc
• Undertake chaser work as directed by your aligned lawyer
• Pro-actively keep your clients updated
• Chase exchanges and arrange and negotiate completion dates
• Co-ordinate related sale and purchase transactions
• With supervision, draft letters to clients/ other parties to the transaction
• With supervision, deal with basic sale enquiries
• Resolve file escalations to move the transaction forward (with lawyer guidance if required)
• Assist your lawyer dealing with name discrepancies of clients i.e chase client identification
• Accessing third party websites to obtain information as directed
• Admin e.g. filing, photocopying etc
Qualifications and Experience
• Candidates will ideally be legally qualified to degree level or equivalent, though this is not essential
• Candidates should have experience within the Conveyancing sector, with the salary offered to successful applicants being subject to their knowledge.
St David Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment agency set up to offer a personalised yet professional service to all our customers. We appreciate that everybody is different and treat our candidates as individuals.