Insurance Sales Advisor
£18K basic (OTE £32K)
Full time, permanent role
Pro-actively promote the company and add-on products and services to new and existing customers via outbound telesales calls. To identify and maximise profitable sales opportunities, achieving agreed targets. New business generated must be compliant with company standards and procedures.
1. Provide all customers with a professional and efficient service in a professional, enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times in order to maintain and develop business relationships.
2. Review systems-based records, identifying potential customers to call. Review data to identify opportunities for add-on sales.
3. Contact customers and inform them of insurance options available to them, promoting them professionally and effectively, within regulatory guidelines and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
4. Upon purchase of an insurance product, remodel proposal and undertake relevant sales administration and payment, forwarding policy documentation to the customer in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
5. Utilise fully all systems-based records, maintaining them in an accurate and timely manner, recording and reconciling sales documentation.
6. Ensure that prompt and regular communication is maintained between all internal and external parties (when appropriate) to ensure seamless and consistent service levels are maintained at all times.
7. Assist with queries from customers in relation to new or existing agreements, identify sales opportunities and promote products and services in order to secure new business.
8. Adhere to Ofcom regulations, whilst using the dialer system
9. Tailor a proposition specific to the needs of the customer, where negotiation and presentation skills will be paramount to the customer journey
10. Assist in the collation of management information, as requested by Team Leader/Insurance Services Manager.
11. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of products and services, proactively promoting them where appropriate.
12. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to products and services (e.g. ICOB, FCA rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.) as advised by line management. Ensure all Money Laundering issues are reported appropriately.
13. Encouraged to make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
14. Ensure that fair customer outcomes are fundamental to how you approach your day-to-day responsibilities, ensuring you always act in the customer’s best interests.
15. Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
16. Undertake any other reasonable tasks as and when requested by line management.
17. Work as part of a team – supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and throughout the business
18. Continue to develop self and role by studying relevant training material and product information, and continually develop and improve product knowledge.
St David Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment agency set up to offer a personalised yet professional service to all our customers. We appreciate that everybody is different and treat our candidates as individuals.