Relief Support Worker
LOCATION: Within the care establishments of Gofal Cymru Care.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Care Home Manager
HOURS: 0 hour contract, to include evenings, week-ends, bank holidays, wake-in and sleep-in duties.
LIAISING WITH: People with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health needs, their relatives and carers; Health Care Professionals; A Range of External Agencies.
- Support service users in all aspects of daily living activities in line with their plan of care;
- Work in accordance with Gofal Cymru Care’s policies and procedures, legislation and national minimal standards;
- Meet agreed individual objectives;
- Promote each service users wellbeing, safety and quality of life;
- Working within the care establishments of the company, including care homes, supported housing, domiciliary care and any other care settings of the company.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepared to work towards an QCF Level 2/3 qualification
- Prepared to attend any job related training as identified by line management
- Applicant must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Applicant must be of a caring nature and willing to support adults with learning disabilities or mental health problems
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities or mental health problems or challenging behaviour
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good Organisational skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Knowledge in the field of Learning Disabilities or Mental Health.
- Experience of dealing with other health care Professionals and External Agencies.
- Knowledge of Daily Living Skills Assessment using Various Models to Suit our service user needs.
- Physically fit to meet demands of the post
- Work flexibly within the rota system to include evenings, week-ends, bank holidays, wake-in and sleep-in, duties.
- Full UK Car Driving Licence
- Computer Literate
If you are interested in the above position please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below and attach your full CV and covering letter
Gofal Cymru Care - Provides quality care and support for younger adults with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs. We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team. Successful applicants will be required to support service users in all aspects of daily living activities in line with their Care Plan.
Applicants must have QCF level 2 or a willingness to achieve it. All aspects of communication skills are essential and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic to make a difference to people’s lives, be able to use their initiative to make local decisions and take responsibility for their actions. You will be an integral part of a new team, focused on values, communication and decision making.
Successful candidates will be required to work across any of our care establishments.
Bluebay Estate Agents is the sister company to Gofal Cymru Care and operates as a property investment and property management entity, with a large portfolio of properties, including student houses, situated in Barry, Cardiff and Swansea..