Our client has one of the leading dispute resolution practice groups in the country. Based in Cardiff but with offices across the globe they provide legal advice and guidance to commercial clients with regard to personal injury litigation matters (particularly occupational disease claims) in an effective and cost effective manner.
PARALEGAL KEY DUTIES: 12 Month Contract
- To handle a caseload of pre litigation noise induced hearing loss claims and Fast Track litigation
- To assist more senior fee earners with more complex pre litigated and litigated claims
- To advise lay and insurance clients,
- Communicate with co-insurers and insurance brokers
- Demonstrate a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Operate the team’s case management system
- Achieve an annual chargeable target of 1500 hours
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team, for example attending client review meetings/ marketing events and client training
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through CPD training
- Comply with the Firm’s internal processes on time recording, billing, credit control and compliance
- Attend court / advocacy
- Any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade and post
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- At least 18 months experience of handling personal injury/ occupational claims within a legal or insurance environment
- Ideally, experience of defending noise induced hearing loss claims
- Ability to maintain a personal caseload with minimal supervision
- Experience of handling claims on a case management system and a good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Experience of working within a pressurised and deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritise work effectively
- Commercially minded
- Enthusiastic, target driven and expeditious approach to work
- Ability to quickly identify key issues and make decisions
- Confident and competent negotiator and communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Contact TSR LEGAL for a confidential discussion.
TSR LEGAL are a specialist legal recruitment consultancy focused on Legal Support and Legal Qualified permanent, temporary and locum positions. Each office also has a specialist consultant with many years experience focused on recruitment drives and large volume legal departments.
We operate within the private practice and in house markets covering Wales, South West & South East.
As a candidate you can expect a different approach from us, we are not ex lawyers we are legal recruiters and have been for the last 10 years we are passionate about what we do and we hope you will see that in our candidate relationships, we build this by listening to our candidates needs and offering a high level of customer service and delivery. We believe that each candidate needs easily approachable two way working relationships.
We recruit for many of the top Legal 500 Law Firms and niche practices across the country. Recent clients have described us as: - Energetic, friendly to work with and customer focused.